16 Key Principles to Create Extraordinary Business Relationships and Success
We all make resolutions or promises to ourselves that this year will be different than last year. That this is our year. Well, we may start off the year with the best of intentions, but soon we stop following our new dreams and goals and instead fall back into our old patterns, behaviors, and thinking.
Don’t let that happen to you in 2018. Get clear about what you want, realize you are worthy of receiving it and take consistent action every day to achieve what you want.
Because there’s nothing worse than the burden of unfulfilled dreams! Don’t wait another moment to get started!
Here are 16 key principles that will help you create extraordinary business relationships and business success in 2018:
1) Success is found on the other side of failure. Learn from your mistakes, change your habits and life transforms for the better!
2) Joy and happiness are not found by looking for it, but by giving it away.
3) Give to the world what you feel is missing from it. This is why you’re here.
4) Don’t let your “haters” set the standard for who you become.
5) Perfectionism is fear holding you back. Let yourself mess up and ENJOY it!
6) If you don’t bring your skills and abilities out of hiding you’ll cheat others and yourself.
7) Gratitude is the doorway to happiness. Say 3 things you are grateful each day for 21 days and watch out your life expands!
8) Listening is the #1 rapport builder and proven to instantly work. Talk 30%. Listen 70%. Remember, The easiest things are often the most underutilized.
9) If something doesn’t work in your life, let it go. Stop trying to make it so it is. You have to make room for what is supposed to be there!
10) When building your relationships lead with adding value or giving to others. Base them on respect, mutual values and caring. You will create healthier, better interactions and connections with others.
11) Fear is actually fuel to push you outside your comfort zone to grow. It’s a compass guiding you in the direction you must go!
12) Engage in random acts of kindness. A seemingly small act can have enormous impact on your life and the lives of others.
13) Everyone is a stranger at one time. Don’t keep being one. Engage and build meaningful relationships.
14) Something from childhood happened that makes us all feel like we weren’t enough. You need to love that child inside yourself and move forward in spite of how you feel.
15) Love yourself first because you train people to treat you like you treat yourself. If you don’t prioritize and respect yourself, why should anyone else? Set boundaries and keep them.
16) The quality of your life is dependent the amount of uncertainty you can live with because all growth happens outside your comfort zone.
You were born to thrive, not just survive. Make 2018 your year!
Jason Treu is an executive coach that works with individuals and teams on leadership and performance. Debuted at TEDxWilmington, his free team building, Cards Against Mundanity, is being played in hundreds of organizations to increase performance, creativity, and collaboration. His book, Social Wealth, has sold more than 50,000 copies.