Export Exchange 2007/10/13 Contacts to PST via Systools Exchange Exporter
Organisations are designed with a multi-verse controlling system and they comprise various infrastructure to assist their communication and Exchange Server Play important Role in it. Since User Data is crucial for every business, especially the contacts generated by the marketing team. Users devise different strategies to keep information available in multiple file formats.
Exchange Server offers Power shell Command and Exchange Admin Center help the user to Export Exchange Contacts to PST Format. Since both file formats are different from each other, but the user can export or import data from PST To Exchange Server or vice versa.
After Exporting Contacts to PST format from Exchange 2010/2007, the contacts file can be converted into different file format i.e., CSV or Excel according to demand and situations. This method reduces the dependability of data backup team and helps users in importing whole contacts for easy access via MS Outlook.
Need to Export Exchange 2007/10/13 Contacts to PST File
There may various causes for what users are required to execute the mentioned operation. Some of them are following:
- Corruption or Infection is one of the major reason. Sometimes, the missing data cannot be accessed through
- MS Outlook and this can only be read via the server
- During the Server downtime or maintenance work can be interrupted. This is required to download the documents of EDB file
- Due to backup or compliance demand, users are required to extract contacts in a suitable form that can be easily downloaded and documented on any local machine.
- Open the Exchange Contacts in Excel or CSV file format
Techniques to Export Exchange Contacts to PST
In this section, we will discuss the manual way to execute EDB Contacts to PST Conversion through the PowerShell. These techniques depend upon the version of Exchange that users are working with. Follow guidelines carefully in order to avoid the data loss:
Note: To export global address book to PST / Excel/ CSV users must have the right to utilize the import/export role and the access to Exchange Management Shell.
Export Exchange 2007 Contacts to PST File Format
- Assign the account that is required to execute the export command appropriate permissions via below PowerShell cmdlet:
Add-MailboxPermission -Identity -User -AccessRights Full Access
- Then, run the next cmdlet to export the mailbox:
Export-Mailbox -Identity -IncludeFolders ‘\contacts’ -PSTFolder_Path [Path\filename.pst]
In the preceding:
cmdlet: Mailbox is the role from where users are required to export
Folder_Path: The location of the Exchange EDB contacts data files
filename.pst: The target path where the user wants to store the contacts
Exchange 2010 PowerShell Command to Export Contacts to PST File Format
- Discover the complete directory path of target PST file
- Provide the account that is performing the export full access to PST file network position
- Then, run the following cmdlet for exporting mailbox:
New-MailboxExportRequest -Mailbox abc_name -IncludeFolders “#Contacts#” –excludedumpster -file_path\\server_name\efg\filename.pst In above cmdlet,
abc_name: The mailbox to which you are required to export
server_name: Name of the server
efg: Name of the Shared folder
filename.pst: New PST file in which user wishes to export the contacts from Exchange mailbox
Exclude Dumpster: used to exclude recoverable items folder if this command is not used, the recoverable items copied with subfolders of “Deletion”, Versions and purges.
Automatic Technique to Export Contacts to PST From Exchange Server 2007/10/13
Without going for any PowerShell command, a user can direct migrate contacts of Exchange to PST format via Exchange Export Tool. One of the Best and tested utilities, that designed using highly-programmed algorithms so that it can export contacts details and all other data items such as Mails, Journal, Tasks, Notes data accurately.
Download Software to Export Exchange Contacts to PST
Steps to Migrate Exchange Contacts to Outlook PST File
- Download & Install Exchange Export Software
- Launch the tool and enter the required Admin Credentials details like Admin SMTP Address, Password, Server Version, Active Directory IP, Exchange Server IP, and Included Sub-Domain User’s (only if you need to export the mailbox of sub-domain users also)
3. After that, click on the Login button.
4. Now the Tool will display the list of all mailboxes of Exchange Server.
Here, user has to select the desired mailbox that contains the details of contacts file that they want to import in Outlook PST
Note: The sub-domain users will not be displayed if Include Sub-Domain User’s section was not selected
5. From Select Category wizard, check the Contacts icon and Browse Destination Path to Save Data in PST File format.
6. Now Tool will display a Progress Bar, where you can see the details about the number of contacts exported successfully and pending operations.
9 Next, launch the Outlook application and click on File >> Open and Export option to import the output PST File for viewing the Contacts details.
10. Browse PST File and view the entire contacts information in the Contact section
11.Now, View user Contacts Details of Exchange EDB can be viewed in the Outlook Application.
The GUI of Software Designed in Such way, even a naive user can understand the working of the tool and with the interactive interface, within few click user able to export Exchange 2007 contacts to PST format.
System Specification – Exchange Exporter
- Current version: 5.0
- Size: 15.4 MB
- Exchange Server: MS Exchange 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003
- Live Exchange Server Environment: Required
- Supported Outlook Versions: Microsoft Outlook 2016 / 2013/ 2010 & all below versions
- MS Outlook Installation Required: Yes
- Windows Version Supported: 10 and Below Versions
- Demo version: Available for free
Many organizations keep their private data in multiple different file formats and Exchange Server Play Import role in Email Communication using Windows Server. Thus, sometimes Administrators are required to Export Contacts to PST from Exchange 2007/2010 Server so that it can be converted into any other format like CSV or Excel for later user and backup. Considering the need for users to execute the mentioned task in an easy manner, we have mentioned two methods, where one is manual and other is automatic. As Manual methods are risky and any misstep may lead the user to huge contacts data loss. Thus, it is recommended to use the mentioned Exchange Exporter to move contacts from PST to Exchange.