Export Outlook Messages to PDF File in Batch as Backup
There are many times when a user wants to save some important emails as a backup in their computer system. As there are numerous of email clients like MS Outlook. All the individual messages in Microsoft Outlook are saved in MSG file format. To save them as a backup, it is important to export Outlook messages to PDF file format.
Sometimes there is no integrated option available in MS Outlook but still, there are many other methods that can help a user to save Outlook email as PDF format. It can be difficult to export Outlook 2010 messages to PDF as it is an older version. In this blog, we will discuss other approaches to batch convert Outlook MSG to PDF format.
Once a user asked a query, “I have shifted to a new company and I need to save MSG as PDF format so as to have a backup on my laptop. But I am facing difficulty as there is no such feature available in MS Outlook. Can anyone suggest any method to export Outlook Messages to PDF file format? Thank you in Advance!!”
Manual Method to Save MSG to PDF File
Follow some easy steps to save Outlook email as PDF format:
- Open Microsoft Outlook and login to your email account.
- Select the specific mail that you need to convert to PDF.
- Click on File >> Save As.
- Now, choose the desired location to save the MSG file.
- Click on Save as Type Drop Down menu and then, choose HTML file format and at last, click on Save.
- After that, go to the location where you have saved the file.
- Now, right click on the obtained HTML file and then, open it with MS Word.
- In Word Document, go to the File >> Save As >> PDF.
If there is no option to save the file in PDF format available in MS Word then there are many add-ins available online. You need to download and install the add-in and you will get the PDF files easily.
Limitations of Manual Method to Export Outlook Messages to PDF
There are many cases when people try this method and fail at the end as there are some drawbacks of this approach. Let’s discuss some of the important limitations.
- If any user wants to convert batch Outlook MSG files to PDF file then, this method may take a lot of time and efforts. Hence, this is a laborious and time-consuming task.
- It is difficult to export attachments along with emails. This method works only on those emails where there is no attachment in an email.
- As, in this technique, the file is opened in HTML format in MS Word, then there is a possibility that it may change the formatting of the email. Therefore, if one does not want to change the formatting of the email, then this method is not favorable.
To avoid discussed limitations, you can try the alternate solution i.e. MSG to PDF Converter to export Outlook messages to PDF file format. With the help of this utility, you can easily perform the batch process and convert multiple MSG emails in PDF format at a time. There will be no change in the formatting of the email and one can also convert attachments along with the emails. So, it is also a suitable solution apart from the manual approach.
In the following blog, we have discussed various methods to export Outlook messages to PDF file format. One can try manual method to convert a limited number of emails and if there is no problem with the formatting of the email. If there are thousands of emails and one has to save his time, then one can go for the alternate solution to save MSG file as PDF format. This article will help a user in completing the task of conversion. One will get positive results from trying these solutions.