Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013 Receiving Reported Error Code 0x80040600 – Fixed
Summary: Are you Searching a solution to resolve ‘receiving reported Outlook error 0x80040600’ in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 versions. Then find the quickest solution to fix generated unknown error code 0x8040600 in Outlook when deleting emails from the account. See how to solve Outlook unknown error manually as well as automatically from the blog below.
In Microsoft Outlook, when a user tried to read, send, receive, or delete the email message, and then, he has received an error message: ‘An unknown error has occurred. 0X80040600’. This error occurs because of damaged Outlook PST files. Moreover, users have lost access to all data items that are stored, such as emails, calendars, contacts, tasks, etc. As a result, it becomes necessary for all end users to fix MS Outlook error 0x80040600 in detail. Read to know several methods that users can use to resolve this error so that they are capable to access the stored database. Before proceeding this, first users need to know the causes that lead to MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 error 0x80040600.
Reasons Behind MS Outlook Error 0x80040600
Receiving reported error 0x80040600! This unknown error when deleting email in Outlook account generally occurs due to the number of PST files. Every Outlook edition has its storage limit to save PST files, which should be retained and keep in check now and then. When the user exceeds a specific storage limit of PST file then the files become corrupted or deleted automatically at times. This specific error can also occur due to the virus infection on users personal computer system or because of improper use or corrupted external hard drive or the software.
Solve the unknown Outlook error 0x80040600 by repairing Outlook PST file automatically using a quick Solution.
Different Methods to Fix Error 0x80040600 Outlook 2016
This ‘error code 0x80040600: unknown error’ occurs due to corrupt PST files in MS Outlook. These methods help to fix Outlook error including recovery of data files (PST). Let us explore various methods to solve Outlook error 0x80040600, the reported unknown error in the below section:
Approach 1: Use Inbox Repair tool in MS Outlook
The following steps to repair Outlook PST file error through Scanpst.exe utility are as follows:
Step 1: Using Outlook profile to locate default PST file
- Go to the Control Panel and open Mail option
- Click on Show Profiles and select Outlook profile then, click on Properties tab
- Navigate to the Data Files
- Note the desired location of default Outlook PST file
Step 2: Run SCANPST.exe or Inbox Repair Tool in MS Outlook
- Close Outlook mail client program
- Then, you can open .exe file (Outlook Inbox Repair Tool)
- Type the location of PST file within and Enter the name of the file you want to scan
- Click on Start button
In case, if the above manual steps are consuming a lot of time or not doing well in every attempt and if technical expertise is required while performing the entire task. Then, you can move to the next method to fix Outlook Error 0x80040600 in MS Outlook 2007, 2010, 2013, 2016 versions.
Approach 2: Create New UNICODE PST File
If the above solution gets failed and unable to repair the corrupt or damaged PST file. Then, you can perform the following steps to solve receiving reported error unknown error 0x80040600 manually.
- Step 1: You have to try to create a new UNICODE Outlook .pst file
- Step 2: By default, you can set a newly created file
- Step 3: Now, you can easily import data from an existing PST file
Tips to Resolve Outlook Error 0x80040600
- Maintain a backup copy of PST files on regular basis. This is very beneficial at the time of upgrading version or data recovery.
- As long as you suspect the PST file is corrupted, look at potential remedies and avoid abrupt closure of the application.
- Remove unnecessary emails and data carried in MS Outlook PST files and folders to avoid storage space limitation issues.
- Keep upgrading the antivirus program and use only authenticated applications.
- Close the Outlook application and then, close all running applications and avoid abrupt failures.
An Efficient Way to Fix Unknown Outlook 0x80040600 Error
If the manual approach to resolving Outlook error 0x80040600 is too long and time-consuming; users can take help of a tremendous method namely Outlook Recovery tool. It helps to repair minor as well as the major level of corruption. This reliable approach is capable enough to restore password protected corrupt PST files. It maintains the original formatting of all data items and keeps the metadata remain intact after PST file recovery. It has a simple and graphical interface that even a non-technical user can use it without taking any external help.
Most users get stuck and encounter an unknown error code “Outlook 0x80040600” when sending or receiving the email message. This kind of issue occurs due to PST file corruption in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 mail client. Nevertheless, we have discussed the manual procedure that will help to resolve reported Outlook error 0x80040600 in a clear way. But, a guarantee to get the desired result is keen in case of a manual solution. Thus, in this blog, we have suggested an alternate solution i.e., Outlook file recovery tool. It is one of the best solutions that will help to fix a corrupt PST file and other Outlook reported errors efficiently.