How to Export Outlook 2013 / 2010 / 2007 Contacts to Gmail
Have you ever faced problem while transferring contacts from Outlook to Gmail? Do you want to export Outlook contacts to Gmail for a backup? Do not worry, this blog will solve all your problem related to moving contacts to Gmail from Outlook.
Ways to Transfer Outlook 2013 / 2010 / 2007 contacts to Gmail
There are two ways to move Outlook 2010 contacts to Gmail.
1. Manual Method
2. Automated Method
First, take a look at the manual method
Manual Method to Export Outlook Contacts to Gmail
In this part, a manual solution to move Outlook 2010 contacts to Gmail is described. A user makes sure that he is using any of the versions of Outlook i.e. Outlook 2007/ 2010 / 2013 / 2016.
To move contacts from PST file to CSV file or Excel sheet, follow the steps:
1. Open MS Outlook profile with credentials and select File option.
2. Now, from File menu, choose Options
3. Then, from the Outlook option box, choose Advanced option.
4. Now, go to the Export section and select the Export option to export Outlook contacts to Gmail
5. Select Export to a file option from Import/Export Wizard and click Next button.
6. From the Create a file of type, choose the type in which you want to export like Comma Separated Values (Windows) and then, click on Next button.
7. Now, select folder to export from the option, select Contacts folder by scrolling up and click on Next button.
8. Then, click on Browse button to choose the destination folder
9. Click on OK after that choose Next option in the Export to a File box.
10. Finally, click on Finish to start transferring contacts from PST file to CSV file
11. After exporting is finished, choose OK.
Import CSV to Gmail
Backup Outlook 2010 / 2007 contacts to Gmail by importing CSV to Gmail with the help of inbuilt options of Gmail. Proceed with the following steps to transfer CSV to Gmail.
1. Open Gmail account with credentials
2. Now, click on the Gmail in the top left corner of Gmail window
3. Select Contacts option.
4. In the Contacts window, click on More option.
5. Click on Import >> CSV option from the More menu.
6. Then, select the Go to old contacts option.
7. After that, click on More option
8. Now, from the More menu, click on Import option.
9. Click on Choose file option to Browse the location of CSV file where you have stored previously.
10. At last, click on Import option to begin importing process
Limitations of the Manual Solution
There are many drawbacks of the manual solution. Some of them are mentioned below:
1. There are chances of data loss with the manual solution.
2. Contact information can mismatch during the process to export Outlook Contacts to Gmail
3. The manual method is a lengthy process
As there are many obstructions of the manual method, you can always go for an automated solution. Users can opt for a SysTools vCard Exporter Tool. The tool will instantly convert your Outlook PST files to CSV or vCard format.
In this blog, we have discussed manual as well as an automated solution to export Outlook contacts to Gmail. But it is always highly recommended to use the automated solution as it is more reliable than the manual method.