How to Remove Password From PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007?
“I use Microsoft Outlook as an email client. I have applied the lock on confidential PST files made in Outlook. But, the problem is I forgot my password of Outlook data file. The worst thing is I have not noted it down. I want to access this PST file. Please help me. How can I remove password from PST file !!!”
Does it happen to you too that you have applied the password to your file and forget it? Or you set any password months ago and now you want to change it. In this write-up, you will find the feasible and best tips and tricks to Remove password from Outlook data file manually. You will also get the methods to recover passwords of PST file if manual solution unable to perform.
Reasons to Remove Password From Outlook PST file
Reasons to Remove or unlock the password of Outlook PST file can be understand considering following user queries:
“Well! I am a forensic investigator and I got a password protected PST file as an evidence. Before time went low, I have to read it and prepare a report until tomorrow morning. I do not know how to unlock an MS Outlook PST file. Can anyone offer the solution to unlock pst files password protected? Thanks in advance”
“I have set the password for my Outlook PST file months ago. The file is confidential and I am afraid that my colleagues know the password. I want to change the password but, I do not know how to do this. Also, I cannot seek help from anyone around me. It would be great if you can tell me any feasible and trustworthy solution. Thanks.”
How to Remove Password From Outlook PST File?
To make it easy for users, we have considered this issue as two different problems and provide the solution separately.
Remove Password From Outlook Data File
In versions on and before Outlook 2003, the procedure to change password is entirely different. Follow these steps to change the password in Outlook version on and before 2003:
- Make replica of PST file that you want to work with and close MS Outlook
- Run the inbuilt Scanpst.exe inbuilt repair tool and browse the desired PST file
- Launch Command Prompt by pressing Windows+R
- Paste the file path to pst19up and your pst name like pst19up.exe- filename.pst and then press Enter
- Command line will look like: “C:\My Documents\pst19upg.exe”- x outlook.pst.
- This will generate the copy of PST called “filename.psx”
- After you have obtained this copy, rename the original PST file with any different name.
- Now at command prompt, type “pst19upg.exe- filename.psx” and press Enter
- A new password free PST file will be created
- You can now launch your MS Outlook and open your PST file
How to Remove Password From PST File in Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007
- Launch Microsoft Outlook
- Select File, then click on Account Settings. From the drop-down menu, again select Account Settings.
- A new window will appear on the screen. Switch to Data File » Select the path where .pst file extension is shown and then click on Settings
- A new window will pop up on the screen. Here you will see an option Change Password. Click on it.
- Select the password of your wish and then click OK
Note: The method is mainly for Microsoft Outlook 2010
Know How to Unlock Password Protected PST Files of MS Outlook
To recover password of Outlook PST file, the user can go with a third-party tool like Revove PST Password Remover. This software allows the user to recover password of Outlook PST file and access its Mailbox. According to experts, it is the master solution to unlock Outlook file. Some of the features which makes it unique from other available tools are:
- The tool removes the password protection and unlock the Outlook PST file
- Multilingual and lengthy passwords can also be recovered using this product
- Presence of Microsoft Outlook environment is not a mandatory condition
- Multiple password-protected files can be unlocked with the help of this software
- Both types of Outlook PST file can be recovered: ANSI and UNICODE PST file
- Password remover tool can be installed in all the versions of Microsoft Windows
- The tool can unlock PST file made in any version of the Microsoft Outlook
Many times it happens with the users that they have applied the password to Outlook PST file and now they want to remove password from PST file in Outlook 2016. Or they want to reset their passwords. The password can be changed manually. But, in order to unlock any PST file, a user needs to go for the third-party tool like PST Password Remover. This is the trouble-free solution to unlock any PST file. Also, not even a single bit of data is lost or altered after using this tool.