Transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook: Move Mac Mail to Microsoft Outlook
Summary: Explore how to transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, 2003, 2000 versions. The manual and automatic solution to export emails from Mac Mail to Microsoft Outlook on Windows 10, 8, 7, XP etc. effortlessly. Also, find an expert solution to convert Apple Mail files to Outlook account in simple steps.
With the growing popularity of Microsoft Outlook, searches to transfer Apple mail to Windows Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 etc. has now become very common. Previously, MBOX was considered as a flexible file format as it can be accessed by different email clients such as Thunderbird, Apple Mail, Entourage, etc. Although, Microsoft Outlook application provides extensive features to all end users due to which both small and large-scale companies prefer switching to the multi-purpose email clients. Therefore, in this blog, we are going to discuss a manual approach to migrate Mac Mail to Outlook in Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7, Vista, XP, etc. in a clear and efficient way.
Reasons to Export Apple Mail to Microsoft Outlook
It is extremely important to import MBOX into PST file format since MBOX cannot be accessed in MS Outlook. Nevertheless, they need to be migrated to Outlook PST format. There are so many benefits that Outlook renders to the end user when compared to MBOX files. And these factors are the reasons why the user needs to transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook. They are:
- An MBOX file only contains email messages sequentially whereas, with Microsoft Outlook, PST can save emails, journals, contacts, notes, calendar events, tasks and so on.
- The mailbox data includes all the components like email messages, attachments, notes, journals, contacts, calendar entries, etc. are saved in an organized manner when stored in PST file.
- However, no internet connection is required to access all previously downloaded messages, and you can also work offline using MS Outlook as it does not demand any network connection to launch it.
Transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook Using Manual Approach
If Mac Mail is installed on your computer system then, you have to follow this method. Manually importing Apple’s Mail data to Windows Outlook 2016 and other editions can be efficiently done by executing the following steps mentioned below:
Step 1: Export Apple Mail Data in Gmail Account
- Set up your Gmail account as IMAP in Mac Mail
- Open the desired folder that is containing the email messages you are needed to import
- Choose the emails you want to move and then, right click and select an option Move to
- Now, select the Gmail that you configured and choose the specific folder to convert emails
- Finally, the process has been completed successfully
Step 2: Access All Imported Emails via MS Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook and then, configure the same Gmail account within it
- Next, Open the specific Gmail folder in which you have transferred Apple mail emails
- Eventually, you can access all MBOX mails via Microsoft Outlook
Now, you can easily transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook account without any risk and data loss.
Limitations of Converting Mac Mail to Outlook Manually
- This manual solution takes too much time to perform conversion from Apple mail to Outlook PST file
- Before converting MBOX file to PST manually, technical knowledge is required
- There is no guarantee that you will get the accurate results with the help of this manual approach
Smarter Way to Export Email Messages from Mac Mail to Outlook
To overcome all such limitations, users are highly recommended to use trusted third party solution i.e, MBOX to Outlook Converter. It is programmed in such a way to migrate emails from MBOX to PST format in bulk in MS Outlook 2016, 2013, 2010, 2007, and below editions. It provides an option to preview each mail along with attachments in an efficient way. It comes with a simple and graphical interface that even a novice user can understand it. Moreover, there is no need to install MS Outlook for performing the migration process easier. It is capable enough to export all items from the selected MBOX files and folders too. It makes the conversion task very simple and easily transfer Apple mail to Windows Outlook seamlessly. The utility can work efficiently on MS Windows 10, 8.1, 8, 7 and all other below versions.
Time to Conclude
Apple Mail is an email program that comes with Mac OS X 10.0 or its later editions by default. But, due to some reason many users want to prefer MS Outlook that becomes the most widely used email client application. In this blog, we have discussed a direct solution to transfer Apple Mail to Windows Outlook along with certain reasons. Additionally, we have suggested a third party tool namely, MBOX to Outlook Converter. It is one of the best solutions, which come with some unique and most interesting features to export emails from Mac Mail to Windows Outlook accounts.