Import Thunderbird Contacts into Outlook – Move Mozilla Address Book to PST
How to Import Thunderbird Contacts into Outlook using Different Methods
Migration from one email client to another has become a common incident now. Every day, a certain number of users are changing their email clients for various reasons. When they change the client, they need to switch the data to the new client also. But the problem arises when people do not know how to transfer data. If you want to know how to import Thunderbird contacts into Outlook, continue reading this post. Here, we will describe different methods to move contacts Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook. This will answer all your questions to export Thunderbird to Outlook address book. To begin with, have a look at the reasons for Thunderbird contacts migration.
Reasons behind Thunderbird Contacts Migration to MS Outlook
Many causes can be responsible for Thunderbird address book conversion to MS Outlook. Some of the major reasons are:
- Enjoy Benefits of Outlook:
MS Outlook users can access their data from anywhere using Office 365. Thunderbird users might want to enjoy this benefit as Thunderbird is a desktop-based email client. For this reason, many users want to convert Thunderbird contacts to Outlook.
- Synchronize Contacts:
Many MS Outlook users also use Mozilla Thunderbird in another device. These people would like to have their contact books synchronized. That is why they want to transfer contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook.
- Switching Email Clients:
When someone switches organization, there might be a change is the email client. In that case, they want to access their Thunderbird contacts in Microsoft Outlook. The only way to do this is to export Thunderbird address book into Outlook.
How to Import Thunderbird Contacts into Outlook: Two Useful Techniques
Users can try two different methods to move Thunderbird address book to Outlook. One is a manual method and another is a one-stop method. Both methods will be described in this part of the post.
Method 1: Manual Method to TransferThunderbird Contacts in Outlook
In order to export address book of Mozilla Thunderbird to Outlook manually, users have to perform this technique comprising two segments. First of all, they have to save Thunderbird contacts in CSV file. Then that file has to be imported into MS Outlook. Here users will find the complete guide to this method.
Section 1: Download Thunderbird contacts as CSV file
- Open Thunderbird on your PC or laptop.
- Navigate to Menu bar to click Tools >> Address Book.
- Address Book windows will appear on screen. Select Personal Address Book option from the left pane.
- Click on Tools >> Export.
- From the next window, select destination location and file name.
- Choose Comma Separated Value (CSV) as Save as type.
All contacts of Thunderbird address book have been saved in CSV format now. You have to migrate it to Microsoft Outlook.
Section 2: Import Thunderbird Address Book in Outlook
- Open Microsoft Outlook and click on File tab to proceed.
- Click Open >> Import to save the CSV file.
- Choose Import from another program or file option from Import and Export Wizard. Click Next.
- Select the option Comma Separated Value (Windows) >> Next.
- Select the CSV file you want to import into MS Outlook 2010. Click Next to go to the next option.
- Select Contacts option and click on Next button.
- Import a file box will appear on screen. From there, click on Map Custom Fields.
- From the next window, drag and drop all necessary fields from the left pane to the right one. After you are done, click OK.
- Click on Finish button to start the import process.
After the process is done, all CSV file contacts will be successfully imported into Outlook. Users can use those contacts from Outlook now.
Limitations of Manual Method
There are some shortcomings of this methods. The process is time taking. It also consists of a number of steps. Users have to be careful in order to perform all the steps in correct order. This method also requires constant supervision of the user through all the steps. Because of these limitations, many users prefer to choose one-stop solution to export Thunderbird contacts to MS Outlook.
Method 2: One-Stop Technique to Migrate or Import Thunderbird Contacts into Outlook and Other Applications
This lengthy and complex method to export Thunderbird contacts to Outlook can be easily avoided by using the one-stop technique. Users can try Thunderbird Address Book Converter in place of the manual method. This program can seamlessly transfer contacts from Thunderbird to Outlook in a hassle-free way. Both file and folder can be added to this software to initiate the export process. This tool has the ability to move a number of MAB files. Thus, it saves your time and also speeds up the entire conversion process. This tool even supports 32-bit and 64-bit Windows OS. Here are some of the top features of this program:
- Converts Mozilla Thunderbird MAB files into CSV format
- Exports MAB files into CSV, PST, VCF vCard and LDIF file
- Seamlessly migrates any size of MAB address book files
- Both Vertical and Horizontal viewing options are available
- Provides a CSV file export report after process completion
- Compatible with all versions of Windows Operating System
Whenever someone wants to transfer to Microsoft Outlook from Thunderbird, exporting contacts becomes one of the prioritized tasks. If users do not know Thunderbird to Outlook migration technique, they will be in trouble. This write-up described how to import Thunderbird contacts into Outlook. Users will know the methods to switch contacts from Thunderbird to different file formats using this post and be able to perform them. Both manual and one-stop method can transfer Thunderbird contacts. As the manual method is time taking, it is advisable to use the converter application. It smoothly exports Thunderbird contacts to MS Outlook.